Global Markets Technology Consulting
John Free has a proven track record in large scale application development for global financial market participants including investment banks, hedge funds, energy owner operators and corporates. He has an extensive background in designing, developing and deploying solutions that support front-to-back derivatives and energy trade processing, reference data management, data warehousing, financial risk management and enterprise-wide information integration.
For the past 18+ years John has enjoyed a variety of senior engineering roles in Europe and North America, across organizational contexts that include buy and sell side particpants, financial services consultancies, as well as software vendors. He is the principal architect and creator of the <xweld⁄> JAVA class library for financial application development.
John graduated with distinction from the University of Toronto. He holds a B.Sc in Computer Science and is an accredited developer on the Calypso Derivatives Trading System API.+ more
John is accomplished at leading geographically distributed development teams in the implementation of complex, global financial systems. He has a 'team-oriented, hands on' approach in project participation.
John's areas of specialty in global markets technology include the following:
- - solutions architecture, design and implementation
- - software engineering using Java or C#/.NET
- - Calypso development projects
- - Scrittura development
- - trading and risk management systems development
- - firm-wide information integration
- - reference data management and data warehousing
- - strategic technology thought leadership
You are encouraged to contact John directly by telephone or e-mail, with any questions you have about your needs and his services.+ previous
John Free - Global Markets Consulting and Software Engineering
new york . toronto
e-mail: John Free
office: 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7
Recent projects include:
- developed a firm-wide XML message bus solution, integrating Calypso with other third-party and in house trading platforms on top of TIBCO Business Works for a global investment bank.
- development lead and architect of Scrittura's P2P DTCC/ICE real-time messaging solution -- Interwoven was chosen as vendor of the year by Operations Magazine for P2P in 2007
- implemented Calypso data migration import/export tools across versions and valuation reconcilement reports
- customized and extended the Calypso P&L reports for a global hedge fund
- assisted venture capital group with technical due diligence in their acquisition of an international software firm
- designed and implemented general purpose trade matching engine for Scrittura P2P
- designed and implemented an intra-day data bridge between Calypso and an in-house back office system for a New York based hedge fund
- designed and implemented a real-time trade and reference data distribution system to/from Calypso using Java and JMS for a North Eastern US based investment bank
- developed pre-packaged Calypso credit derivative software tools and configurations for smaller buy-side firms, providing fixed cost installation services within tight implementation times
- designed and developed a suite of enterprise information integration tools for an international financial services organization
- designed the global risk control system for an international investment bank, leading a geographically distributed development team
- contributing architect and team lead in developing a C#/.NET credit derivatives trading platform in C#/.NET for a New York-based software vendor
- architect and lead technical developer of an object-oriented financial application development environment written in C++
All information and other materials (the "Materials") provided on this Site are the property and copyrighted work of John Free or a third party (the "Third Party Provider"). Except as stated in these legal terms, none of the Materials may be copied, downloaded, reproduced, distributed, republished, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopying or recording, without the prior express written permission of John Free or the Third Party Provider. No part of this Site, including but not limited to any logo, graphic, sound or image, may be reproduced or retransmitted in any way, or by any means, without the prior express written permission of John Free.
DISCLAIMER. ALL MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
John Free does not endorse any third party product or any company to which this Site provides a link. If you decide to access any such third party site, you do so entirely at your own risk.